Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Java script won't work and I can't do system restore

• Please log in to reply

tenblackcats

tenblackcats

• Pip
  • 5 posts
Hi, I have multiple problems with windows vista. Computer was purchase shortly after vista was released. First, I cannot do system restore. This has been happening for quite awhile. I get error code 0x80070070-not enough space on disk. I do not know how to free up space on disk. That happens with both C and D drives. How can I clear drives ???? I've done multiple clean ups and defrags. Used one of your clean up programs too. The only disc received with computer was upgrade your windows vista experience and am afraid to try using this. Next, I installed Defender Pro a few days ago and now I cannot get java script enabled. I've gone to tools-advanced- but java is not in that section. Under tools- security, I've enabled applets and Java will still not work. Anti virus program I had was uninstalled before installing Defender Pro. Mcaffee (spelling???) came with computer when purchased. I've uninstalled defender pro and Java still does not work. I've downloaded updates to Adobe and Java but maybe not the correct ones. I have a headache and blurred vision. I could not get onto live chat with questions. The computer would not let me. I do not know how to fix this!!!!! Please help. tenblackcats

Advertisements

comanighttrain

comanighttrain

• PipPipPip
  • 553 posts
ok ok relax dude :).

Sounds like your system is really messed up. What make and model is the computer? Where did you buy it?

Most computers have a full restore to factory settings facility. We need to find that. Answer the questions above and itll be easier :)

Jacee

Jacee

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 994 posts
  • MVP
There isn't much good to say about Defender Pro. You might want to look at all the problems that others have had with this program:
http://www.itsecurit...o-from-[bleep]/

comanighttrain

comanighttrain

• PipPipPip
  • 553 posts

There isn't much good to say about Defender Pro. You might want to look at all the problems that others have had with this program:
http://www.itsecurit...o-from-[bleep]/

thats 404ing on me, might be profanity filter?

tenblackcats

tenblackcats

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Hi, Computer is Dell Dimension e521. Purchased direct from Dell. Did not get extended warranty. It was really expensive!!!!

comanighttrain

comanighttrain

• PipPipPip
  • 553 posts

Hi, Computer is Dell Dimension e521. Purchased direct from Dell. Did not get extended warranty. It was really expensive!!!!

heh, and then it breaks down...seems like a conspiracy eh?

Right, I think you should do a system restore first and see if that works. With your system This should work:

To use PC Restore:
1 Turn on the computer.
During the boot process, a blue bar with www.dell.com appears at the top of the screen.
2 Immediately upon seeing the blue bar, press <Ctrl><F11>.
If you do not press <Ctrl><F11> in time, let the computer finish starting, and then restart the
computer again.
NOTICE: If you do not want to proceed with PC Restore, click Reboot in the following step.
3 On the next screen that appears, click Restore.
4 On the next screen, click Confirm.
The restore process takes approximately 6鈥?0 minutes to complete.
56 Troubleshooting Tools
5 When prompted, click Finish to reboot the computer.
NOTE: Do not manually shut down the computer. Click Finish and let the computer completely reboot.
6 When prompted, click Yes.
The computer restarts. Because the computer is restored to its original operating state, the screens that
appear, such as the End User License Agreement, are the same ones that appeared the first time the
computer was turned on.
7 Click Next.
The System Restore screen appears and the computer restarts.
8 After the computer restarts, click OK

If this doesnt work (if you dont get past step 2) , let me know.

tenblackcats

tenblackcats

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
HI, Will I loose information on the computer if i do this???? I'll have to see if I can borrow a thumb drive (can't find mine) and try to save info. Thanks for responding.

comanighttrain

comanighttrain

• PipPipPip
  • 553 posts
yeah if you restore it, it will destroy ALL information. If you got stuff on it youll need to get it off (oops, i should have said that beforehand!)

Essexboy

Essexboy

GeekU Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 69,964 posts
I must admit after 15 minutes reading I am not impressed. However, I did find their web site and FAQ's

tenblackcats

tenblackcats

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Thanks, I'll work on this. Hopefully this evening. Later

comanighttrain

comanighttrain

• PipPipPip
  • 553 posts
good luck, by the way, I would not use Defender Pro. Your probably better off with AVG free or something else that wont cause you a migrane.

tenblackcats

tenblackcats

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
HI comanighttrain, Computer won't let me do anything with F11. Just goes to regular start up. Any other ideas???? By the way, I did get all my info saved. Thanks. Jan