Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

My computer keeps rebooting itself

• Please log in to reply

dawndlion

dawndlion

• Pip
  • 6 posts
My home computer has decided to reboot itself over and over again. I don't get any warning of the reboot.
I have turned off the reboot upon hardware/software failure.
I tried running 'sfc /scannow' but that has stopped working, the screen flashes for a second and then disappears.
I tried running in safemode, I have tried running in the last known good configuration. microsoft antispyware didn't find anything (it actually ran to completion before a reboot. I tried running trendmicro's online scan but everytime my computer reboots.
I looked at the hardware monitor and the power supply, and cpu fan seem to be normal. The core temp seems normal.

Is there something out there that is likely to be causing this? I am sure I have some malware on my system, but I am having a [bleep] of a time identifying it. I can try and run hijack this, but I am not sure if I will be able to make it run all the way through.

Any suggestions????

:tazz:
Thanks, Dawndlion

Advertisements