Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

HELP PLEASE blue screen....running in safe mode

• Please log in to reply

shellz

shellz

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I downloaded some songs and I got this styleshot digital camera and I installed the programs on the disc it came with..it told me to restart and I did..when restarting I get up to my wallpaper and icons appear then the blue screen that says DRIVER__IRQL__NOT__LESS__OR__EQUAL.....WELL...my husband took over and went into safe mode and restored to two days before, sad to say it still happens with the blue screen and the blue screen message: DRIVER__IRQL__NOT__LESS__OR__EQUAL

How do I fix this?
computer works fine in safe mode...
son installed camera on his computer and works fine so it had to be the songs I dl'd.

I can use safe mode just fine..although I did run memtest in safe mode and I got a blue screen saying NO__PAGES__ FOUND
in regular mode it starts up and shows wallpaper then icons and blue screen saying DRIVER__IRQL__NOT__LESS__OR__EQUAL
and owards bottom it also has stop oxooooood1
nw7nkipx.sys

today I ran malware which is attached I think I did it right.

Windows XP
Home edition
version 2002
service pack 2

amd duron processor
1.30 Ghz 992 mb of ram

Attached Files

Advertisements

~Matt~

~Matt~

• PipPip
  • 19 posts
You might have faulty drivers...Im extracting this out from a user called cheat hawk1....And....You probably might be too stress that you did'nt see this post....(This post is 'Pinned')

Here it goes...

Stop 0x000000D1 or DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

The Stop 0xD1 messages indicates that the system attempted to access pageable memory using a kernel process IRQL that was too high. Drivers that have used improper addresses typically cause this error.

Possible Resolutions:

• Stop 0xD1 messages can occur after installing faulty drivers or system services. If a driver is listed by name, disable, remove, or roll back that driver to confirm that this resolves the error. If so, contact the manufacturer about a possible update. Using updated software is especially important for backup programs, multimedia applications, antivirus scanners, DVD playback, and CD mastering tools.

Good luck trying to get it done!!!

jt1990

jt1990

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts
I have come across a screen saver which gives that error message and then reboots...But the computer doesn't actually reboot. And I have discovered that malware tends to install the screen saver. Try pressing ctrl+alt+delete and see if it brings you back to Windows.