Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

we apologize for the inconvenience, but windows did not start successf

• Please log in to reply

rahoz

rahoz

• Pip
  • 1 posts
hi,
just over an hour ago i tryed to turn on my pc so i press the button to turn it on ,then the usual things happen but after the windows loading page this happens:
"we apologize for the inconvenience, but windows did not start successfully. A recent hardware or software change might have caused this.
if your computer stopped responding, restarted unexpectedly, or was automatically shut down to protect your files and folders, choose last known good configuration to revert to the most recent settings that worked.
if a previous startup attempt was interrupted due to a power failuer or because the power or reset button was pressed, or if you aren't sure what caused the [rpblem, choose start windows normally

safe mode
safe mode with networking
safe mode with command prompt
last known good configuration
start windows normally "
i tried all of the options then windows restart and it comes back to the same page, what should i do please.
i have this disk which readsrestore dvd and when i go in it it has 2 options,1st one being restoring my pc to scratch and other command prompt from cd-rom.i have an emachines pc which is 4 years old and also i would not like to lose my files as i have family photos on it which mean a lot to me.

thank you for taking time to read my question and have a nice day

Advertisements