Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

My computer won't turn on and LED lights flash in unison

• Please log in to reply

fttsforever

fttsforever

• Pip
  • 1 posts
So two days ago, computer "A", my computer, would not start up. It would not even go up to the boot screen or to the Windows loading screen. The fan would just violently run as soon as I plugged the power cord in. The power light would sometimes turn on, sometimes not. The CD/DVD optical drives would blink continuously. The monitor would say "No Signal".
So today, I tried putting the old hard drive into computer "B", my dad's computer. After I opened up computer B and unplugged the wires from the master drive so I could have room to put in the slave drive (computer A's hard drive). When I connected everything again and put everything back together, computer B's fans would instantly turn on, the power light would blink, the CD/DVD optical drive would blink and the speakers would make a thumping noise.
I took out computer A's hard drive and tried turning on computer B with just B's hard drive, but the same thing happened.
So, now I don't know what else to do. Does anyone know what problem I have and how I could fix it?

Advertisements

shard92

shard92

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,129 posts
Kind of hard to say for sure but it sounds like maybe hard drive 'a' is bad and may have damaged computer 'b' when you tried running it..... unplug the power cord from the computer, check all the cables are connected in the computer and then try replugging and starting.... If that fails try unplugging everything but one stick of memory and the video and see if it will come back....