Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

patch32.dll & RTPRenSvr

• Please log in to reply

Daemoncat

Daemoncat

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Hi, all.
I've been lurking for a couple of weeks, and I'm impressed. ;)
After hunting down and killing crapware on everyone else's computer in the office, I'm back on my own and found this as a startup entry:
patch32.dll, RTPRenSvr
I can't find any info on these, so I'm wondering what's going on. None of the spyware/adware tools notice it. Anybody know what this does? ;)
Thanks!
Daemoncat

FWIW: First post. Hope to be able to help someday instead of ask stupid questions. :tazz:

Advertisements

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
Is that a persistant entry? IE, does it survive between reboots, or is it a run once entry?

Typically, patch.dll is used to update software at bootup.

Daemoncat

Daemoncat

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
;) Oops! It's a run once. If IE uses it, it's probably intended to be benign. I've begun to suspect Windows being the worst Spy/Adware program of them all! :tazz:
Thanks for the quick reply, I can see you've been very busy here.

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
just trying to help out--always believe we should share what we know.