Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Media Subtitler (RESOLVED)

• Please log in to reply

paolo

paolo

• PipPip
  • 43 posts
(Somehow or other I managed to post this in the Malware Removal - Hijack This forum first time round. Sorry about that.)

I'm using Media Subtitler to generate subtitles for a video file, but when I come to embed them, I get an error. Here's what I'm doing:

* Import the video file (mpg format; plays fine in Media Subtitler and Media Player)
* Import the subtitles file (ssa format; generated in Media Subtitler)
* File -> Embed Subtitles...
* Click "Browse..."
* Select C:\Program Files\VirtualDub\ (where I have installed VirtualDub; the plugins subdirectory contains the subtitler filter Subtitler.vdf)
* Click "Save as..."
* Select a filename (in avi format) for the output file
* Click "Next >"
* Click "OK"

The program then closes the two input files so that VirtualDub can open them itself, but VirtualDub reports "Can't open script file".

Is this a problem with one of my files, or is there a file missing from VirtualDub?

Thanks for any help.

EDIT: I think I've found the problem - the version of VirtualDub I was using was out of date, plus if I had read the Media Subtitler manual closely enough, I would have seen that the video and subtitle files need to have the same name (the subtitle file may optionally have a langugae name between the name and the extension, eg, "my_video.English.srt").

Edited by paolo, 30 October 2008 - 04:54 AM.

Advertisements