I'm using Media Subtitler to generate subtitles for a video file, but when I come to embed them, I get an error. Here's what I'm doing:
* Import the video file (mpg format; plays fine in Media Subtitler and Media Player)
* Import the subtitles file (ssa format; generated in Media Subtitler)
* File -> Embed Subtitles...
* Click "Browse..."
* Select C:\Program Files\VirtualDub\ (where I have installed VirtualDub; the plugins subdirectory contains the subtitler filter Subtitler.vdf)
* Click "Save as..."
* Select a filename (in avi format) for the output file
* Click "Next >"
* Click "OK"
The program then closes the two input files so that VirtualDub can open them itself, but VirtualDub reports "Can't open script file".
Is this a problem with one of my files, or is there a file missing from VirtualDub?
Thanks for any help.
EDIT: I think I've found the problem - the version of VirtualDub I was using was out of date, plus if I had read the Media Subtitler manual closely enough, I would have seen that the video and subtitle files need to have the same name (the subtitle file may optionally have a langugae name between the name and the extension, eg, "my_video.English.srt").
Edited by paolo, 30 October 2008 - 04:54 AM.