Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

HP Pavilion DV6500 Took A Crap on me

• Please log in to reply

Phillipsp

Phillipsp

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
Got a couple blue screens today and before i could run a system scan i come to a black screen. Computer still running but nothing on screen. Shut it down and restart....nothing no bios, nothing. Lights up and hear everything spin up but no screen. hooked up to an external Monitor and nothing. Tried booting from disk and nothing. Opened it up and took out HD and RAM and reseated everything and still nothing. I am lost. computer is less than a year old.

Running AMD Processor
Windows Vista home premium.
2 or 3 gig of ram can't remember exactly.

HELP :)

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
1) take out hard drive and see if laptop boots, or at least beeps at you (can do the same thing when you take memory out and try booting without it). This just test to see if the bios is functioning.

1) disconect power and take out the battery. Leave unplugged overnight.

2)connect power (no battery) and see if system will power on.

I'm betting that something went haywire with your video. If you can't make ay progress with the above steps, then you will probably need to contact hp.

Phillipsp

Phillipsp

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
Tried the booting with no harddrive and still nothing. not even beeps like a bad boot or anything. i emailed HP last night and they told me it sounds like I need to send it in. i took the hard drive out and put in the wifes laptop so i could get my stuff off the hd before i send it in . I pulled the dump files off to let you guys tinker with and see what it says. Also what program would I use to open these dump files?

Hope you can see something in the dumpfiles to give me some insight.

Thanks again
Phil

Attached Files