Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Second monitor

• Please log in to reply

elldallan

elldallan

• PipPip
  • 92 posts
Looking for some advice here if possible

My partner has a laptop (gateway) and she has purchased an lg 2252tq monitor to connect to it for her photo course. The question i would like to ask is " should she install the drivers for the monitopr on her laptop or not?? wondering if she did it would muck up her laptop display .. or not ..

thanks for any help

apologise seems i posted this three times :) :) all i got was an error message sorry . can someone delete two of them for me please

Edited by elldallan, 30 October 2008 - 11:25 AM.

Advertisements

Samm

Samm

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,476 posts
Hi there

Personally I wouldn't bother installing the driver because it shouldn't be needed anyway. If you do wish to install it for any reason then it shouldn't muck up the laptop display but it would be sensible to create a restore point before installing it, just in case.

elldallan

elldallan

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts
thanks for the advice. Will leave as is for now