Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Constant network timeouts in Typepad

• Please log in to reply

revdotbob

revdotbob

• PipPip
  • 34 posts
I have a Dell Dimension 5150 running Windows XP ( fully updated and no spyware) and use Google Reader, without difficulty, to follow a number of RSS feeds via Firefox. However I am suddenly having difficulty going to the original page of the feed for all my (6) Typepad sites. A screen comes up saying Network Timeout. There are three other computers (one is a laptop) on our home network and all get the same response - 1 runsFirefox and the others IE7.

There is no problem with all other access to the net

When I use the laptop on a different provider/network away from home there is no problem.

On my own computer an anonymising service makes it possible for me to get to the Typepad pages.

Is there an issue with my ISP and/or Typepad or something else going on?

revdotbob

Advertisements