Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Boot-up problems on Vista

• Please log in to reply

Ferrante

Ferrante

• PipPipPip
  • 207 posts
I am trying to help an elderly neighbor who has a laptop with Vista. When you boot up, it goes into System Error and is running a start up repair as I type these words (earlier, about 10 minutes ago, I booted it up and it started fine. I rebooted and the problem is back).It says it is attempting repairs. Also, she says she has no discs with it. (who knows what she did with them!). Now it says the computer cannot repair this computer automatically. This is what the Error Window says:

Problem signature:
Problem Even Name-Startup Repair V2
PS 1: Autofallover
PS2-6.0.6000.16386.60.6001.18000
PS3-1
PS4-65537
PS5-unknown
PS6-NoRootCause
PS7-0
PS8-2

PS9-WrpRepair
PS10-1117
OS Version 6.0.6000.2.0.256.1
Locale ID 1033

I got out of all the windows and was able to log in as Administrator and tried to restore to an earlier date and she does not have SR turned on, so that is out of the question. Any advice, please?

Advertisements

Ferrante

Ferrante

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 207 posts
Also, I ran the Startup Repair and it says it has found no problems.

Ferrante

Ferrante

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 207 posts
When I closed the error boxes, I could see the processor light on constantly, so I let it go. and then it looked like it was going to start with the scrolling bar towards the bottom rolling across for about 5 minutes. It then make two beeps, asked for a password and then came on the Welcome splash screen and it stayed there for about 5 minutes and nothing. The cursor has appeared , the processor light on constant and yet nothing is happening.