Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

My computer won't hold anti virus software long

• Please log in to reply

todoitright

todoitright

• Pip
  • 6 posts
:) Hi, my name is Harry, thefonz :) I like my compter but it doesn't like me. I usually use AVG anti virus software but I really don't know if AVG is having problems or my computer is. I can download and set up most anything but not virus software like AVG. I might have a virus but don't know for sure. I even tried Avast but usually after downloading and start setting up I get a message saying file is corrupted. One time I did get AVG on but lasted two days saying a file is bad and I should delete and try again. I would buy a virus program but I need to know what could be wrong with this computer. Brother gave this computer to me and it also gave him problems but he didn't know what was wrong but if I wanted it for free it's mine. He even paid for shipping from the Gulf Coast of Texas to Arkansas. I did recently formatted, most say what is that, I say you know redid windows from the beginning with the XP cd that came with the computer.

thefonz

My computer is:
HP pavilion 7950
1.20, 387 ram

Advertisements

todoitright

todoitright

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Forgot to add this. More time then I can count I could just be finished typing something and I get that error message from "Windows Internet Exployer" to send this error message in so I send it in and then it blanks back to the desk top and I have to start over. This happens alot.

todoitright

todoitright

todoitright

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
I'M SORYY, HEY, CAN ANYONE HANDLE MY PROBLEM? THIS IS THE SECOND DAY!!

todoitright

todoitright

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
can someone in Geeks remove my threads like I never existed.

Essexboy

Essexboy

GeekU Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 69,964 posts
Patience is a virtue. :) We do not generally look for malware topics in the OS section

Please follow all of the steps in this section of the Malware Forum. These self-help tools will help you clean up 70% of problems on your own. If you are still having problems after doing the steps, then please post a HiJackThis Log in the Malware Forum. If you are unable to run and/or post a HJT log, then post that in your initial post in the topic you create in that forum. Should you post in that forum please do not respond to your own topic. Our Malware Staff look for topics to help out in that have no responses. The Malware Forum is very busy with many more requests for help than we have volunteer helpers, so please be patient. If you have not had a response to a topic after 3 days then please go to the Waiting Room and read the pinned topic for instructions.

lighthelp

lighthelp

• Pip
  • 1 posts
DO NOT post malware advice

todoitright

todoitright

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Read the rules, this is not the place for HJT logs

todoitright

todoitright

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
sorry, I know rules are rules and they are meant to be followed but I am running against a loaded gun meaning I do not have an virus protection and the longer I run like this I put this computer in more danger. So just delete all these threads. I would prefer being notified through my email. I will probably take this computer into a shop.

Essexboy

Essexboy

GeekU Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 69,964 posts
Did you follow my previous instructions ? If so the last part is to post a log in the malware forum if the issue is not resolved