i am using DDR2 but here some specs of my pc if required
Processor: Intel® Core2 CPU 6420 @ 2.13GHz (2 CPUs)
Memory: 2046MB RAM
Hard Drive: 245 GB
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GT
Operating System: Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 3 (2600.xpsp_sp3_gdr.080814-1236)
problem is with my current pc its goten prity slow and is 3 years old now i think, slow started up, i get System32\Hal.DLL error on start up, i got 3 seconds to choose a settings on every start up so its anoying when you make changes and have to restart.
but im also wondering weather i should just buy a new pc since this is outdated by abit,
this is the new pc im looking at.
- AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core 6000+ 3.00GHz (Socket AM2)
- DFI Lan Party DK 790FX-M2RS AMD 790FX (Socket AM2) PCI-Express DDR2 Motherboard
- Corsair XMS 4GB (2x2GB) PC6400C5 800MHz Ultra Low Latency DDR2 Dual Channel Kit
- Pioneer DVR-216DBK 20x DVD±RW SATA Dual Layer ReWriter (Black)
- 2x ATI Radeon HD 4850 Pro 512MB GDDR3 HDTV/Dual DVI (PCI-Express) in Crossfire Configuration
- Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 500GB SATA-II 32MB Cache
- Antec Nine Hundred Ultimate Gaming Case
- Corsair TX 650W ATX2.2 Modular SLI Compliant PSU
im more into gaming then anything els, now i dont know if those specs are good for gaming, i dont realy now alot about pcs,
be great if you could leave abit of info on those specs and what i should be looking for if they arnt good enought.
Edited by morallo, 31 October 2008 - 03:45 AM.