Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Trying to Make a Highlight DVD for our Rocket Football Team

• Please log in to reply

moondog830

moondog830

• PipPipPip
  • 804 posts
We originally tried to copy our game films from VHS to DVD using our Sylvania Combo machine .... no go ... it wouldn't recognize the disks we were putting in, no matter what brand.

So we were allowed to borrow a Sony Multi-Function DVD Recorder and now have the game film on DVD.

The files are in .vob format and in 3 pieces .... I would prefer to have them in .AVI format for editing so I can merge the files and edit out some of the mistakes and then add music.

I use Vegas but it won't recognize the files and neither will Windows Movie Maker.

Can someone help me here please?

dog

Advertisements

zorba the geek

zorba the geek

• PipPipPip
  • 758 posts
Hi moondog830
I've been using QuickMediaConverter to do just that and I'm happy with it.And it's for free.You can download the software from here

http://quick-media-c...n.softonic.com/

It's easy to use and very versatile

Cheers
Zorba

Edited by zorba the geek, 31 October 2008 - 01:59 PM.