Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

printer can't scan

• Please log in to reply

Cinnamoroll

Cinnamoroll

• PipPipPip
  • 155 posts
Hi, ppl

my problem w/ printer is a hardware scanner. For some reason my printer can only print and copy, but it can't scan. Can you guys help me on this? Heres a pic:

Posted Image

Advertisements

123Runner

123Runner

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,308 posts
Well, I can at least guess that its an HP. But what is the model number.

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,839 posts
Hi Cinnamoroll,

I got your message. :)

I have seen that many problems with HP printers that I never recommend them to any of my customers and do not stock them. Of course, that's not very helpful for you now, but...

Have you tried anything to fix this? Please let us know if you have.

I would suggest to get the latest drivers from the HP website. Be sure to get the full drivers. You'll need to navigate to the HP support page and perform a search for the exact model number you have. Alternatively, post the model number here and I can find it for you.

Then you can disconnect the printer from your computer, uninstall all related software, reboot the computer, and then try to install it "fresh" with the new drivers.

If you need detailed instructions on how to do this, just let me know.

Cheers

Troy

Cinnamoroll

Cinnamoroll

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts
Hi Troy,

I need the detailed instructions please.

Also my sound headphones doesnt work anymore. My speakers are broken so i just use the headphones and now they are not working=(

Edited by Cinnamoroll, 01 November 2008 - 08:05 PM.

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,839 posts
Okay, for detailed instructions, would you mind posting the exact model number? You should be able to find it on the printer itself somewhere. The error you have says it's the C3100 series, so my guess is it will be a C31xx.

Cheers

Troy

Cinnamoroll

Cinnamoroll

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts
C3180

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,839 posts
Okay, first up we'll try this:

This is only for Windows XP 32-bit operating system! If this printer is connected to a computer with a different operating system, do not follow these instructions, but reply in your next post with the operating system you are using.

Download the Full Drivers from this link by pressing the Download Only >> button on that page.

Once you have the drivers downloaded, be sure to save it to the desktop. It will be a single large file.

Then follow the instructions outlined by HP here to disconnect the printer and remove the software from your computer.

Restart your computer.

Double-click on the file on your desktop to begin the installation process. Follow the instructions and work through the installation wizard.

Report back how you went.

Troy

Cinnamoroll

Cinnamoroll

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts
Hi Troy,

Thanks for the help. My hp product C3180 can scan, print and copy.

Also what should I do with the program(Full Drivers) you told me 2 dl? Remove the program from my comp.?

Edited by Cinnamoroll, 08 November 2008 - 09:44 PM.

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,839 posts
Hi again,

That's good news. Considering it's such a large download, I would keep the Full Drivers file, in case you need it again. If you don't want to store it on your computer, you can burn it to a CD and store away.

You can delete it if you want, of course.

Cheers

Troy

Cinnamoroll

Cinnamoroll

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts

Hi again,

That's good news. Considering it's such a large download, I would keep the Full Drivers file, in case you need it again. If you don't want to store it on your computer, you can burn it to a CD and store away.

You can delete it if you want, of course.

Cheers

Troy

Hi Troy,

Thank and okay :) :)