Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Screen Resolution Resetting on Startup

• Please log in to reply

Rickie

Rickie

• PipPipPip
  • 113 posts
recently purchased a new Fujitsu LCD monitor. Luverly replacement for the dead one...but different dimensions means new resolution. After many years with 1024 x 768, I'm now on 1280 x 1024, but that's fine~

But what's not fine is that on startup, the screen resolution is set back to 1024 x 768 and the colour's all out of whack. Display properties say it's fine, so I flick it to another setting, then back, and it's fine. The point is though it resets every time, which is a bit of a nuisance.

Anyone have any pointers?

Advertisements

sUBtech

sUBtech

• PipPipPip
  • 289 posts
Hi there Rickie
I would suggest you to have a look at your driver of your GC/Graphic Accelerator.
Is it the driver version is the same as previous driver?

If the driver version remains the same as the previous one, i might suspect your GC/Graphic Accelerator starts to create problems.

Thanks

Rickie

Rickie

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts
Um...what? That didn't make all that much sense.