Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Anyone know how to stop msn spymonitoring software

• Please log in to reply

Teeitup

Teeitup

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi all, I've had a problem with my microsoft messenger, or more to the point someone on it. I found out a girl I talk to on there can see all my other conversations somehow with other people. I asked her what program it was and she would not say, only that some IT woman at her work installed it. Not only that but come to find out she can see all the pics and stuff on my computer as well as my emails or any programs i have to log into. I did a windows xp firewall check to make sure it was up and any programs it listed as trusted ones were ok.

So my question is what is she possibly using, I'm not sure what you would classify it as, Spyware? Rootkit?Keylogger? Also how might I go about stopping it so i have my privacy back. I have looked through the programs list and dont see anything and my zonealarm hasnt showed anything being wrong.I'm sort of seeing her long distance so thats why i have no idea whats on her computer. Any help would be greatly appreciated, its been driving me up a wall and I can't find answers anywhere online.

Advertisements

Teeitup

Teeitup

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
(BUMP) No one has any clue on this. Gotta be at least one expert here amongst all who has half an answer.

Octagonal

Octagonal

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,528 posts
While we try to help everyone as quickly as possible, our malware team is vastly outnumbered by people needing help. Some of our experts work from the older topics towards the newer ones and some take on newer topics rather than older ones. We encourage the former practice, but that's not always practical.

Some of the helpers are more comfortable with certain infections and seek them out...still other helpers will look for the tougher infections to take on. This may explain, at least partially, the seemingly random nature of how topics are selected. We DO try to get to everyone in a timely manner, but as you've seen, the Malware Forum presents a pretty formidable workload for the number of staff members we have.

If your topic goes more than three days without a reply, post a link to your topic in The Waiting Room and a staff member will pick it up as soon as they can.