Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Laptop Touchpad Ceased working

• Please log in to reply

• PipPip
  • 28 posts
I have an Acer Aspire 5684WLMi laptop which has a Synaptics Touchpad V6.2, however recently both the touchpad and its buttons have stopped working. This isnt a major problem for me since i almost exclusively use a mouse however it is slightly annoying. The Mouse Properties window states that everything is enabled and working fine however this isnt true. I have gone through the troubleshooting options to no avail and disabled and enabled it but still nothing. So I'm starting to think it may be a hardware problem.

Any light you can shed on the siutation will be much appreciated.

EDIT: Just updated drivers - no change

Edited by mark2512, 01 November 2008 - 03:55 AM.

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,129 posts
Since nothing works I'd say more than likely they touchpad went bad.... I don't know if you will be able to fix that short of an external mouse.... You might find an identical model on ebay for parts but short of that.... don't know if you will be able to find a replacement part...