Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Need Some Help

• Please log in to reply

A1CMARS

A1CMARS

• Pip
  • 6 posts
Hi Im new to this forum but i was looking around the internet tryin to find a solution to my problem, my computer makes it to the windows loading screen and then just sits therem the blue bar just keeps goin, but never loads... it was doin this awhile ago and all i needed to do was shut it down, and unplug the system, then turn it back on, and it worked fine but now it doesnt, what brought me here was this post: http://www.geekstogo...e....html&st=15 sounds like that guy had the same problem, any ideas?

Advertisements

jt1990

jt1990

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts
I've found that this problem can usually be fixed by a repair install of Windows. I have no idea what causes it, but I've seen it on many different computers (including two brand new laptops,) and usually a repair install fixes it.

Let us know how it turns out! :)

A1CMARS

A1CMARS

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
well im pretty sure its a hardware problem, cuz it was doin it before, then i formatted and reinstalled windows, and it worked fine for awhile, but now its doing it again any other suggestions?

jt1990

jt1990

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts
Download MemTest86 and burn it to a CD. Then boot to the CD and let it scan the RAM. You'll need to let it run for a few hours to get an accurate test result. Again - let us know how it turns out.

sUBtech

sUBtech

• PipPipPip
  • 289 posts
Good day A1CMARS

Try change your HDD cables. It might be problem with your SATA cable or IDE cable depends on which kind of HDD you have.

Next,
Please boot your system into Window Recovery Console and run a scandisk CHKDSK / r to scan for fault error on HDD.
A guide is available here on how to do it.
http://www.geekstogo...xp-t131922.html

123Runner

123Runner

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,527 posts
You can also check in device manager for any unknown devices.

Go to start/ run and type in devmgmt.msc

A1CMARS

A1CMARS

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
well heres a little more info about the situation, when it first happened i was playin a game and it froze on me and upon restart wouldnt boot windows, loading bar just kept goin, so i restarted and restarted still nuthin, then next day, computer worked fine for awhile, then the issue started again. so i formatted and reinstalled, worked fine for awhile, then started again, sometimes itll let me into windows, most of the time it wont, i downloaded speedfan i think its called, its a diagnostic tool to see ur fan speeds and temps, only problem is i cant get a config right for my system, but it is tellin me that my processor and video cards are running way hot, at like 131F i dunno if its telin the truth or not. I built my computer, I have an Asus M2N-SLI Deluxe, 2 sticks of 512ddr2 Corsair brand ram, An athlon X2 5800+ 2.8 ghz dual core, 2 geforce 7600's running SLI and 2 160gig Sata Seagate HDD's and i got Striping set up for the raid. Im gonna go try all those things u told me now, just thought maybe this info might help, lemme kno if u think of anythin else :)

123Runner

123Runner

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,527 posts
I don't particularly like speedfan. I more prefer HD tune. You should aslo be able to check the temps in bios, and alsothru everest (in signature). Expand computer and look at "sensor".

A1CMARS

A1CMARS

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
alright so i went and did the check disk, the first time it got to like 67% then went to a blue error screen of doom so i restarted and tried again, it went to 66% took a long time, then it said the volume appears to contain one or more unrecoverable items. i tried it again and it wont let me do it, it just keeps givin me the same message

sUBtech

sUBtech

• PipPipPip
  • 289 posts
Good day A1CMARS,
It looks like some portion of your HDD is in severe bad sector which is not recoverable.
Up until this level i have no idea on how to handle it but if this HDD were to be formatted, i will use low-level format to handle it and see whether it can get rid of the sector.

Lets wait and hopefully the expert Tech Staff dropped by and give you some advice on how to handle it.

Thanks

sUBtech

A1CMARS

A1CMARS

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
ran the memory test ram is perfectly fine, still dont know wut to do about the hard drive tho. or which hard drive its in since i got raid set up :/

A1CMARS

A1CMARS

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
still no luck in fixin my computer, anyone have any ideas?

123Runner

123Runner

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,527 posts
Lets see if the hard drive diagnostic tools show anything on the drive (link in signature).