Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

No BIOS beep and instant BSOD when logged on

• Please log in to reply

Keaach

Keaach

• Pip
  • 6 posts
After playing some CoD4 started getting some graphic issues and sometimes it will crash, this I believe was the start of the problem. Afterwards I was having troubles getting the computer to turn on with a BIOS beep, I will have to turn the computer on and wait 3-5 minutes hard boot the computer and turn it back on and it will turn on with a BIOS beep. Now when I turn on the computer finish putting in my password and login I will get an instant BSOD and crash before I can read the message. Advice? Almost impossible to bring up a Hijackthis report.

I have also opened the case and made sure everything was plugged in. (Disconnected, Reconnected)

Advertisements

sUBtech

sUBtech

• PipPipPip
  • 289 posts
Hi there,
From what i can observe here you might be having trouble with RAM or your HDD

Try the below solution and let see if its help
  • Run your system with one stick of RAM if you have more than one RAM in your system
    • Try changing slots and swapping RAM and check the condition
  • Run a scandisk CHKDSK / r for your HDD with Window Recovery Console (If you can boot your system to Window Setup using boot CD)
    • Self help tutorial available HERE
  • Remove your graphic cards and let your system boot with Integrated GC. This will let you know whether is your GC the culprit of your crash

Thanks
sUBtech

Keaach

Keaach

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
As far as I am aware the problem is fixed, took out the 1024 stick and is working much better now, getting BIOS beep on start up and no crashes, some programs however are not working. MSN / Internet explorer and my avast.

Also getting an error for scvhost.exe

The intruction at "0x77c47366" referenced memory at "0x03430000". The memory could not be "read".

Edited by Keaach, 04 November 2008 - 02:28 PM.