Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

problem with Acer Aspire 1520 (XP)

• Please log in to reply

Jasmine

Jasmine

• Pip
  • 3 posts
This problem started about a week ago, and it hasn't stopped since. On my Acer Aspire 1520, when I flip the cover (it's a laptop) to go to standby, it works perfectly fine. However, when I flip it back up and try to take it out of standby, it goes into a black screen and stays there, leaving nothing for me to do but restart. This hasn't happened before this last week, but my computer's been sporadic since I got it. I got this problem after restarting the computer for a Windows update; it was supposed to restart, but instead went to the black screen as mentioned above. Any help?

Advertisements

NerfNinja

NerfNinja

• PipPip
  • 20 posts
Hi I just noticed this in another post, if you call the service center they should email you though a file that you can put on a flash disk and load on your Acer when it boots up. I think the web site is www.acer.com

Hope this helps :)