Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

What just happened on my computer?

• Please log in to reply

Ferrante

Ferrante

• PipPipPip
  • 207 posts
I just had the strangest thing happen, something I really like and now it is gone. I was looking at some stuff in Google Images and when I clicked onto a pic link, the window that opened up almost looked like what has been shown on TV with Windows 7. The whole screen as taken over by an interactive menu that looked 3D! All the images were lined up in three LONG rows across and I could click onto a pic or area and move the whole thing from side to side. It was really cool and when I hit the arrow key to go back, it was normal. I then hit the same link and it too was normal. I don't know what was happening but I really liked what I saw. Any idea on what went on? I would love to have it back. Btw, I am running XP. Thanks.--Mark

Advertisements

Topaz

Topaz

• PipPipPip
  • 105 posts
Hi Ferrante ,

what browser are you using ?

Ferrante

Ferrante

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 207 posts
I am using Firefox 3.0.3 Hope this helps.

Thanks,
Mark

Ferrante

Ferrante

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 207 posts
I also want to say that when this 3d thing happened last night, it took over the whole screen. It was not limited to the viewable space within Firefox.

Topaz

Topaz

• PipPipPip
  • 105 posts
Hi Ferrante ,

personally I've no idea ... maybe an error on the page or a Java error . Sorry .

PcTestCard

PcTestCard

• PipPip
  • 26 posts
Try update the latest version Firefox and see.

Hoe this helps!
Bill.

Ferrante

Ferrante

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 207 posts
I found what the problem was and it is too cool and a GREAT Firefox add-on. Go here and see for yourself! http://www.cooliris.com/
Thanks for trying to help!

Topaz

Topaz

• PipPipPip
  • 105 posts
So your saying you had installed Cooliris 1.8 Firefox addon , but used it without knowing , then a couple of days later realised , wow :)