Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Error message

• Please log in to reply

Blossom1007

Blossom1007

• PipPip
  • 24 posts
I tried to make my photo calender for November and I had a message that a newer version was available so I said yes to install. Then, I could not do my project. I did a systems restore and the message still came up but at least I got my November calender made. The error message keeps popping up no matter how many times I XXX it out. How do I get rid of it???

The error message is:

The procedure entry point ARCCON_DIRGetADSystemFolder could not be located in the dynamic link library ArcCon.dll

Advertisements

sUBtech

sUBtech

• PipPipPip
  • 289 posts
Good day,
Do you have arcsoft connect notifier or any application related to arcsoft installed in your system?
If yes, you might need to reinstall it.

Blossom1007

Blossom1007

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
I don't know...Where do I look? I am not too PC savy. There seems to be a lot of programs under Arcsoft in my add/remove programs.
Thanks
Blossom

sUBtech

sUBtech

• PipPipPip
  • 289 posts
Good day Blosson1007,
One question before we proceed.
Do you have the installation CD or installation file for the Arcsoft application?
If no, there is not much thing we can do.

Thanks

sUBtech

Blossom1007

Blossom1007

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
Yes I have a CD, however when I inserted it the message read to insert the correct disc. I only have the one.

sUBtech

sUBtech

• PipPipPip
  • 289 posts
I wonder why.
Does that the one currently installed in your system is same as the one that is on your CD?
At what stage does this error pop-up? When you starts to run the disk?

If that application is not crucial to you,
I would suggest you to do a Full Uninstallation then reinstall it again see if manage to overcome the problem.

Thanks

sUBtech

Blossom1007

Blossom1007

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
I will try the unintall to see if that works. As I said before, when I opened this program to make my calendar there was a message that a newer version was available. I said yes to the download but something happened and the new download did not work NOR did my original program. This is very confusing. However, as you suggest I will try the uninstall to see if that works. This error message keeps popping up at intervals when I am not in the program and is very annoying. It is doing so even now as I type this message.
Thank you.

sambi1968

sambi1968

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi

I keep getting the same message. It happened after I used restore. It's happening all the time every 4 or 5 mins and is very annoying. I don't really want the arc soft software on my computer anyway so tried uninstalling the program (I installed it from the internet a few months ago so don't have a disk) but I can't uninstall it from my computer, keeps coming up with the quote "An Application support file could not be installed. The system coannot find the file specified."

Anybody got any clues as to how to get rid of this annoying popup? All help gratefully welcome.

Blossom1007

Blossom1007

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
I just went to "Add/Remove Program" and deleted all of the ARC stuff. I got rid of the annoying pop up and also the program was deleted. My CD doesn't even work to reinstall so I'll just get along without it.
Hope this helps.

sambi1968

sambi1968

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hiya

I've already tried this and unfortunately the add/remove programs wouldn't work....I could uninstall any of the Arc programs and I've got 4 on there :) I'm still getting this annoying pop up and can't get rid of it even after supposedly sorting out my registry!

Thanks