Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Hard Drive Question

• Please log in to reply

Rockoe

Rockoe

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi , I am learning up on all the computer guts what is better and what is not did find out I have a pci bus so that is sad since I use World of Warcraft alot I would like a beefed up Video Card and am now limited. My query is how to choose a good hard drive I have (from my own research) learned that a higher rpm (mine is 7200) is what to look for ?.#$#?
mine is a Hitachi hdt722516dla380 164GB & 7200rpm it does run Wow decently this comp was mainly built for business, however , I discovered Wow my first mmo and I am hooked (junkie) weeee. So I wanna start out with a faster processing hard drive my question is should I hunt mainly rpm and not worry about capacity? Thanks for any help I do have money just would like to not have to buy a totally new comp. unichrome pro igp is an onboard system if I am correct that means I have no Video Card? the only thing I found plugged into the pci busses was the conexant (for home and office use) rd01-d270.my memory is patriot psd512400 I noticed a empty slot next to it can I add another and double my capacity? Dont remember exactly but I do believe the system power was at 380 watts. I go in often to clean dust out and keep her running cool. amazing how much dust these suckers can take in. I do apologize for the mass of unorganized information and questions but heck this is "Geeks to Go" lol Help!
:)

Advertisements

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
you need to educate yourself on all the components that make up a system...
a good place to do this is the TECH REPORT...they benchmark all the different components...a few hundred hours of reading should get you up to speed...enjoy...

Edited by happyrock, 12 November 2008 - 09:58 AM.