Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Adding aditional vid card, pc wont POST

• Please log in to reply

THE G33K

THE G33K

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Greetings

I have 2 nvidia evga geforce 9800 gx2 video cards for my system. I know both of them work seperatly becquse i can get my system to post and boot into windows, but my system wont post when i have both cards in at the same time. When i have one card in i get a blue (primary) light on output port one and a green light on output port two. When both cards are in i get no light on port one for both cards and a green light on port two for both cards. I would like to be able to get the system to boot up with both cards in and working so that i can have either four outputs for four monitors for max display or one video card dedicated for one output on each card for max graphics display.

I lknow that i got it working before i reformated my computer, i cant remember if i had it working on xp pro x64 or vista x64, but i am running vista x6s right now.

Any sugestions are apretiated.

Advertisements

james_8970

james_8970

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,084 posts
Hello, what PSU are you currently using?
James

THE G33K

THE G33K

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
I have an ultra X3 1200 watts, capable upto 1600 watts. I have deadicated lines for the (2) 6 pins and (2) 8 pins for the video cards. I am only using 350 spiking at 375 watts, far underutilized.

james_8970

james_8970

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,084 posts
What drivers are you using and what motherboard?
James

THE G33K

THE G33K

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Greetings,

Thanks for your reply. The motherboard I am using is the (http://www.supermicr...400/X7DWA-N.cfm.

The video drivers that I am using are 7.15.11.7813 for both of the cards.

Regards,

Mike