Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Audio Driver Problem

• Please log in to reply

griffinax

griffinax

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hello

I just installed XP after a very long battle with Vista, lol.
This is the first time I installed XP on my PC since i bought it i.e. about 8 months back.

The problem is, I can't find the correct drivers for my Sound card, the ones i downloaded from ASUS creates fluctuations and weird noises, as if they aren't compatible.. I tried the beta ones and the old ones, none of them work either.
So.. I thought maybe i could find what analog devices it uses and then maybe i can find the appropriate driver, it turns out that M2N-E is supposed to use "SoundMAX ADI1988" chip or w/e its supposed to be, and Everest shows me that I mine has AD1988B which is originally of Asus Maximus Extreme, maybe this is just a confusion, but im having troubles listening to my music which i can't live without lol.

Anyways, I just need proper drivers for my soundcard.

Posted Image

Any help is appreciated :)

Advertisements

phillip22

phillip22

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 147 posts
Asus download service currently unavailable - I just checked, so can't help there I'm afraid.

However, you could always get round the problem by fitting a reasonably cheap PCI soundcard with it's own drivers included (retail box, not oem).

griffinax

griffinax

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
thnx for the reply ^^
It's working now, after I played with some preferences, i can play sound till the volume control is 50%, then it starts distorting :) and i have to set wave to real low ><

anyways, ill get a soundcard if theres no solution lol.
ty