Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

my screen moves up and down by its self [CLOSED]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Be Be

Be Be

• PipPip
  • 40 posts
A few months ago I had a virus on my computer and went through all the steps and got rid of it. Now my computer is going crazy again. the screen keeps moving up and down all by its self and my mouse is acting up as well. I ran the malwarebites program that I got the first time in safe mode, but it came up with no viruses? so I don't really know what to do as far as what programs to run because it has no warning popups or anything. what should I do?

Thanks so much you guys are such a great help!!!

Advertisements

Essexboy

Essexboy

GeekU Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 69,964 posts
Hi there and sorry for the delay I would like some more information before I proceed

To ensure that I get all the information this log will need to be attached (instructions at the end) if it is to large to attach then upload to Mediafire and post the sharing link.

Download OTScanit to your Desktop and double-click on it to extract the files. It will create a folder named OTScanIt on your desktop.
  • Close ALL OTHER PROGRAMS.
  • Open the OTScanit folder and double-click on OTScanit.exe to start the program.
  • Check the box that says Scan All User Accounts
  • Check the Radio button for Rootkit check YES
  • Check the Radio buttons for Files/Folders Created Within 90 Days and Files/Folders Modified Within 90 Days
  • Under Additional Scans check the following:
    • Reg - BotCheck
    • File - Additional Folder Scans
    • File - Purity Scan
    • Evnt - EventViewer Errors/Warnings (last 7 days)
  • Now click the Run Scan button on the toolbar.
  • Let it run unhindered until it finishes.
  • When the scan is complete Notepad will open with the report file loaded in it.
  • Click the Format menu and make sure that Wordwrap is not checked. If it is then click on it to uncheck it.
Please attach the log in your next post.

To attach a file, do the following:
  • Click Add Reply
  • Under the reply panel is the Attachments Panel
  • Browse for the attachment file you want to upload, then click the green Upload button
  • Once it has uploaded, click the Manage Current Attachments drop down box
  • Click on Posted Image to insert the attachment into your post

Be Be

Be Be

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts
Attached File  OT_ScanIt.txt_1.txt   293.88KB   351 downloads

Essexboy

Essexboy

GeekU Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 69,964 posts
Hmm nothing apparent there. Have you updated any drivers recently or added new hardware ?

Could you go to the following site and run the inspector, letting me know the results

Secunia Software inspector To check your programme update status

Be Be

Be Be

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts
this is what I got

Vulnerability Intelligence Vulnerability Scanning Blog - new entry! Corporate Information Online Shop Customer Login

Online (OSI) Personal (PSI) Network (NSI) 2.0

Home > Vulnerability Scanning > Online (OSI) > Scan Now
Online (OSI)

Scan Now

Programs Covered

Reminder Service

Tell a Friend

System Requirements

Privacy

FAQ

Scan Now
The Secunia Online Software Inspector will inspect your operating system and software for insecure versions and missing security updates. A default inspection normally lasts 5-40 seconds, while a thorough inspection may take several minutes. Note: If you have anti-virus software or similar enabled, an inspection may increase significantly in duration.

Detection Statistics:

12 Applications Detected in Total
5 Insecure Versions Detected
7 Patched Versions Detected

Running For:
17 Minutes, 29 Seconds

Errors with the scan:
0 Errors Detected, scan result should be correct
Enable thorough system inspection
Enable the Secunia Online Software Inspector to search for software installed in non-default locations.
Status / Currently Processing:

Detection completed successfully

Programs / Result Version Detected Status
Microsoft Windows XP Professional Service Pack 3

Adobe Reader 8.x 8.1.2.86
This installation of Adobe Reader 8.x is insecure and potentially exposes your system to security threats!

The detected version installed on your system is 8.1.2.86, however, the latest patched version released by the vendor, fixing one or more vulnerabilities, is 8.1.3.

Update Instructions:
Download

Installed on Your System in:
C:\Program Files\Adobe\Reader 8.0\Reader\AcroRd32.exe
Apple QuickTime 7.x 7.55.90.70

iTunes 8.x 8.0.0.35

Microsoft Internet Explorer 7.x 7.0.6000.16735

Microsoft Outlook Express 6 6.00.2900.5512

Microsoft Windows Media Player 9.x 9.00.00.4503

RealPlayer 6 6.0.9.584
This installation of RealPlayer 6 is insecure and potentially exposes your system to security threats!

The detected version installed on your system is 6.0.9.584, however, the latest patched version released by the vendor, fixing one or more vulnerabilities, is 6.0.12.1663.

Update Instructions:
Download

C:\Program Files\Real\RealPlayer\realplay.exe
Adobe Flash Player 9.x 9.0.124.0
This installation of Adobe Flash Player 9.x is insecure and potentially exposes your system to security threats!

The detected version installed on your system is 9.0.124.0, however, the latest patched version released by the vendor, fixing one or more vulnerabilities, is 9.0.151.0.

Update Instructions:
Download

C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\Macromed\Flash\Flash9f.ocx
Macromedia Flash Player 6.x 6.0.79.0
This installation of Macromedia Flash Player 6.x is insecure and potentially exposes your system to security threats!

The detected version installed on your system is 6.0.79.0, however, the latest patched version released by the vendor, fixing one or more vulnerabilities, is 6.0.88.0.

Update Instructions:
Apply updates.

Flash Player 9.0.45.0 and earlier (update to version 9.0.47.0):
http://www.adobe.com/go/getflash

Flash Player 9.0.45.0 and earlier - network distribution (update to version 9.0.47.0):
http://www.adobe.com...ng/distribution

Flash CS3 Professional (update to version 9.0.47.0):
http://www.adobe.com.../downloads.html

Flash Professional 8, Flash Basic (update to version 8.0.35.0):
http://www.adobe.com.../downloads.html

Flex 2.0 (update to version 9.0.47.0):
http://www.stage.ado...nloads.html#fp9

Flash Player version 7.0.70.0 for Linux and Solaris reportedly fixes vulnerability #2 for Opera and Konqueror browsers.

C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\Macromed\Flash\flash.ocx
Sun Java JRE 1.6.x / 6.x 6.0.30.5
This installation of Sun Java JRE 1.6.x / 6.x is insecure and potentially exposes your system to security threats!

The detected version installed on your system is 6.0.30.5, however, the latest patched version released by the vendor, fixing one or more vulnerabilities, is 6.0.70.0.

Update Instructions:
Download

C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_03\bin\java.exe
Sun Java JRE 1.6.x / 6.x 6.0.70.6

Close

Contact | Terms & Conditions and Copyright | Report Vulnerability | Press | Jobs | About Secunia
Copyright Secunia 2002-2008

Essexboy

Essexboy

GeekU Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 69,964 posts
I have a feeling this may be a video card problem. Could you download and then run this video card stability test programme

But first check out this tutorial video here

Essexboy

Essexboy

GeekU Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 69,964 posts
Due to lack of feedback, this topic has been closed.

If you need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member. This applies only to the original topic starter. Everyone else please begin a New Topic.