Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Unable to Login

• Please log in to reply

oshoshitzu

oshoshitzu

• PipPip
  • 21 posts
I have 3 user accounts on my PC: admin & and non admin which are both password protected. The other non admin account is not password protected.

When I try to login to the password protected accounts I am unable to input the password as when I press the keyboard keys nothing appears in the login box.

After accessing the keyboard properties driver device status in the keyboard option of the control panel via the non password protected account: the following info appears:

"Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware: The driver may be corrupted or missing (code 39)." The driver files details show the keyboard as a standard 101/102-key or microsoft natural PS/2 keyboard.

The update driver; rollback driver and uninstall driver buttons are greyed out.

Clicking on the troubleshoot button has no effect.

I have tried booting up the computer in safe mode in order to do a restore; but I still need to login to the admin account to do this.

Also if I install a new driver rather than do a system restore won't I need to do this via the password protected admin account? I have tried a new keyboard; but it does not work either.

THANKS (OS: XP professional ; SP3,)

Edited by oshoshitzu, 03 November 2008 - 04:17 PM.

Advertisements

skyhintack

skyhintack

• PipPipPip
  • 186 posts
When your computer starts up, are you able to type at all (as well as once logged into the non-password protected user account)?

oshoshitzu

oshoshitzu

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
No, although I have found that pressing F8 on start up shows the screen where a number of options are offered such as safe mode. I have tried booting up the computer in safe mode in order to do a restore; but I still need to login to the admin account to do this.

Edited by oshoshitzu, 03 November 2008 - 09:58 PM.

skyhintack

skyhintack

• PipPipPip
  • 186 posts
I don't have time now, but tomorrow I'll see if I can't find some possible solutions to your issue. There might be a way to install the driver before logging in, but I'm not positive.