Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

system hangs for 3-5min after dialup connects

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Luke6283

Luke6283

• PipPip
  • 31 posts
Hi there,
I use my GSM phone as a dialup connection and recently when I connect my system hangs after connecting to the internet, I don't mean runs slow either. It connects and then in 3-5minutes the dialup computers in the taskbar showup and then dissapear but it is still connected...nothing works during that 3-5minutes either, I'll try alt ctrl del to get the task manager up and that even waits until the 3-5minutes is up. I did a bunch of scans for spyware and viruses but they came up with nothing. I'm attatching my hijackthis log and hopefully someone can help me. oh yeah when i log on under another account it doesn't hang it connects like normal and everything runs fine so it's something under just my account. Thanks
Luke

Advertisements

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
did you try system restore on the bad account...
did you install any software just prior to the problem starting...

Edited by happyrock, 12 November 2008 - 09:25 AM.

Luke6283

Luke6283

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts
Thanks for your advice but I had posted this in the wrong section and the issue has been resolved in this thread http://www.geekstogo...46#entry1373446 Thanks for trying to help though :)
Moderator you can close this thread now.

Edited by Luke6283, 12 November 2008 - 07:02 PM.