Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

external monitor problem

• Please log in to reply

westham66

westham66

• Pip
  • 2 posts
hi all this is my first post so not sure if this is in the right place but if it isnt i apoligise in advance.

the problem is that i have an external monitor connected to my laptop as i accidental cracked the screen by standing on it therefore i can now no only see about a quarter of the rest of the screen on my laptop the rest just flickers. .

any way ive been using the monitor for a couple of days now and it was going ok untill my laptop started trying to show what was being displayed on the monitor after i had already told the laptop to just use the external monitor so i tried to set it again and i for got how i did it as the menu just appeard the first time it happend so i tried changing a few things and now i cant see anything on the external monitor either because the screen resolution is so big and when i try to change it back the personalize menu appers on the laptop screen so therefore i cannot change it back as i can only see about a quarter of my laptop screen.

so i would like to know how resolve this problem by the way please no replys saying just send your laptop away as that's not feasible at the moment as the sooner i get this fixed the better as i need my laptop for college work.

so any help would be good.

thanks in advance

Edited by westham66, 04 November 2008 - 07:35 AM.

Advertisements