Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Flash Player Problems

• Please log in to reply

stephenw

stephenw

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
Whenever I go to Youtube or other such sites, I get the standard message "Hello, you either have JavaScript turned off or an old version of Adobe's Flash Player. Get the latest Flash player." So I downloaded the Flash player, and the installation was supposedly successful, yet I still get the same message. I downloaded Flash AGAIN later, with of course the same result. I have no idea how to check if Flash actually is even installed. Any ideas?

Advertisements

makai

makai

Portlock - Oahu

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,793 posts
1) Don't know which browser you're using.

2) Go here to verify if Flash is working in your browser ... http://www.macromedi...re/flash/about/

stephenw

stephenw

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
I have version 10,0,12,36 installed
and my laptop is a
Dell inspiron 6400
Intel Core Duo T2400 / 5 Mb Cache / 1.83 GHz / 667 MHZ FSB
15.4" Wide-screen XGA Display with Truelife
120 Gb 5400 rpm Sata Hard Drive
1 Gb DDR2 SDRAM / 553 MHZ
256 Mb ATI Mobility Radeon X1400 Hyper memory
Windows vista
9 - Cell Battery

makai

makai

Portlock - Oahu

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,793 posts
Sorry, I didn't mean for you have to list your computer specs. That was the signature I used when I was a tech here a while back. Changed it now.

What browser are you using? If you're using IE, then try going to youtube again and once you get there, you should see the same message about flash problems. In IE's menu bar, click on Tools, and then Manage Add-ons. Check to see if Shockwave Flash objects is listed. If it's not, then Flash is not installed correctly.

Also, when you tried installing Flash, did you get a warning about "activeX" from IE?

stephenw

stephenw

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
Shockwave Flash objects is not listed.How do i then Flash install it correctly.

got no warning about "activeX" from IE?

makai

makai

Portlock - Oahu

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,793 posts
It's probably got to do with your IE Security settings.

Open IE, go to Tools, Internet Options, Security tab > Custom Levels... and change this to "medium". Also check the Settings listing to make sure you are "prompted" for signed ActiveX controls.

Go back to youtube and try installing flash player again. IE should prompt you if you want to allow activeX installation.

Good luck!