Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Best Places to buy components?

• Please log in to reply

lankster470

lankster470

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hey everyone,

I've recently decided to build my next computer. I did this several years ago with much success but I've totally forgotten where the best places to shop for components are. I see that a lot of you use Newegg.com, but I'm a little weary about buying OEM/Refurbished parts. This will be my work computer so I need it to be reliable, but I'm always looking for a good deal (hence building the thing myself).

What are your most trusted, best-priced online retailers? An added bonus would be if I could buy everything at just one or two sites.

Thanks,

Lankster

Advertisements

huFFy

huFFy

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
Newegg.com man it's the best out there and cheapest

Granz00

Granz00

• PipPipPip
  • 226 posts

I see that a lot of you use Newegg.com, but I'm a little weary about buying OEM/Refurbished parts. This will be my work computer so I need it to be reliable, but I'm always looking for a good deal (hence building the thing myself).

What are your most trusted, best-priced online retailers? An added bonus would be if I could buy everything at just one or two sites.

I understand not wanting to buy Refurbished parts, but why not OEM? OEM parts are parts for system builders. In other words, it will probably lack the original packaging, and possibly something like the cable necessary to connect it. Other then that, the parts are completely fine. OEM usually also means cheaper prices.

NewEgg is rated really well for customer service (I haven't needed to use it yet). They are also one of the cheapest sites you can buy parts from. They are pretty good with shipping, and you can save money by placing your items in one order. If you sign up for their newsletter, then they send you promotions on a normal basis.

The only other place I've bought stuff from is TigerDirect. NewEgg usually has cheaper prices, and their Navigation/Search features are a lot better. Other then that, I don't have any other place to suggest.