Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Problems converting WMA to itunes & video problems

• Please log in to reply

youngest78

youngest78

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
Hi,
I've got a couple of problems i wondered if someone might be able to help me with:
Firstly, i recently bought an ipod and downloaded itunes onto my laptop. The problem is that all of the music i've put onto my computer is in windows media player format and when i try to transfer it into my itunes, it won't let me because it says it needs to be in the correct format and not WMA format. Is the only way i can put these CDs onto itunes is by inserting the original cds again?? I don't have some of the stuff i wanted tp put on anymore, is there any way i can get around this without needing the original CD?
Also, i downloaded a couple of films from the web and they took ages and ages to download and now they've finally been done when it opens them in Windows Media Player it says 'Error downloading Codec', 'Searching for Codec' and then it only plays the sound and not the image. I'm not quite sure why this is happening, again i wonder if it's something to do with formatting. I'm not very good with computers so if anybody could help i'd appreciate it.
Thanks

Advertisements

Lonely…

Lonely…

• Pip
  • 4 posts
try converter. I use Melodycan:

1. easy to use, only a few clicks to put files into my iPod
2. very fast conversion which saved me lots of time - 50x
3. had a good balance between file size and output video quality
4. Support 64 bit OS