Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

dns cache will not flush

• Please log in to reply

bluestang67

bluestang67

• Pip
  • 6 posts
the dns cache will not clear giving me a page not found dns error . I do ipconfig/flushdns and some time it works some time not . I will have to shut off modem and computer and try it again to get on net . I went into services.msc and made sure dns client was in automatic and started . Is there another area i should look at to stay on the net it drops out alot and I have to go thru this quite alot to get back on line .

Also when i do a network repair it gives the dns error

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
it's probably not your local DNS cache....if power cycling the modem clears the issue then it's probably your modem's DNS cache that's the problem...you might want to contact your ISP and see if they can give you the address of a different set of DNS servers for your system

bluestang67

bluestang67

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Thanks im going to give that a shot . I do have a spare modem also may suggest that to them i have comcast . Thank You for your reply