Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Slow Computer...

• Please log in to reply

VYPEREGT

VYPEREGT

• PipPip
  • 23 posts
Well now I'm here for my parents computer, I really appreciated the person who helped me last time :) my computer is doing well.

Now for my parents computer, many people use it, go to different websites and download all kinds of things on it! I also noticed these weird .exe files running. All I know is that its super slow... Can anyone help me with this?

Thank You

Advertisements

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
CCleaner is your friend here.

http://www.ccleaner.com/

Use it to clean out all the junk files on the computer. After that you can get to the run box and type in msconfig, then hit the enter key to see what is loading at the startup and what is running in the background. Many of these programs can be set to manual or unchecked in the startup without any effect to the OS system, except the computer speed is much better.

Where are these weird exe files located? If they are in odd folders they are probable spyware. I good thing to do is read the malware forum page to see if what is there can help your computer to run better.

http://www.geekstogo...-Log-t2852.html

SRX660

VYPEREGT

VYPEREGT

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
Sorry for the delay. Well I did that and it just made the computer much slower than it was....