Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

can only connect with one browser?

• Please log in to reply

Picky

Picky

• PipPipPip
  • 260 posts
This is an HP Laptop, The network connector is not working so I have hooked up a usb network connector and can use wireless. The problem is that I can only get on with Netscape and none other. I can try to open up firefox or IE7 neither one will connect to the internet. Only Netscape. I have set IE7 as default, and tried firefox as default but neither one will connect. It is the strangest thing I have ever seen. Each one of those browsers should be independent and only ask when it wants to be the default but still connect when you open them. Has anyone ever seen this before.

Advertisements

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
I bet its your firewall blocking them...try turning it off temporarily...which firewall are you using...

Picky

Picky

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 260 posts
Well I solved the problem, They had tried to remove Norton and evidently it wasn't removed all the way. There was no signs of Norton but it was there. I found numerous links to it in the registry. I used the Norton removal utility and every thing went back to normal. Thanks for the reply. Picky

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
your welcome...and thanks for letting us know... :)

Picky

Picky

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 260 posts
This is a great forum for learning even with years of experience there are times when the best will need help. Thanks