Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Connecting camcorder as webcam

• Please log in to reply

hayrick

hayrick

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I have a Canon Vixia HG21 camcorder and wish to connect it to my computer as a webcam. I emailed Canon about this and they said I could use the A/V port to do this, but I have no idea what to connect it to. I have an Alienware Aurora a few months old. The camera comes with B/R/G component and R/W/Y A/V cables. It also has a USB cable but that is only for file transfers. Also I have trouble playing m2ts files on my computer from my camera, Windows won't play them and I have tried VLC but it does not play smoothly at all. My video card is an ATI 3850hd.

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Rick

Advertisements

phillip22

phillip22

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 147 posts
http://www.wikihow.c...r-Into-a-Webcam

hayrick

hayrick

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Thank you phillip. I have read those kind of sites about camcorders as webcams, they don't seem to be of any help in my situation, perhaps a video capture card is in order.

Rick