Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

QUICK QUESTION

• Please log in to reply

bkp

bkp

• PipPip
  • 87 posts
TWO QUICK QUESTIONS

I have diablo II and it is an older version. says works for windows 2000/ 95 ect.
I have loaded it up in xp (was not sure if was going to work) but it loaded up. Now ready to play says to put in play disk and then comes up a window to re insert disk. It is like it is not reading it however durning set up it asked for the disk to install the game and took it then. Now is there a way to get this to work on my xp or not.

Next question, My old computer motherboard fried and I put the old harddrive in an external drive which has my old system on it. If it was one of these systems could my new laptop some how use that operating systems to load and play the game,

Hope you can understand my questions.

Thanks ahead of time

Brian

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP

If it was one of these systems could my new laptop some how use that operating systems to load and play the game,

that would be no...you can't boot an OS off an external drive (in most cases...i've seen it happen before but it's not likely to work in 99% of cases)