Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Run Fallout 3 From External Drive?

• Please log in to reply

lucky_luc

lucky_luc

• PipPip
  • 46 posts
Can I run Fallout 3 from my external drive? I don't have the game yet because i want to make sure i can before i buy it (i don't have much room on my laptop).

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
you can install pretty much any program to any partition (remote or otherwise)....keep in mind that some portions will always be installed on the system drive no matter where you tell the software to install it's main portions....you also have to make sure that the drive in question is connected when you want to run the program.

there is a possibility that the game COULD run slow or choppy running from an external disk since there's extra transfer overhead involved with the file access...it's hard to say what impact it would have on game play without having someone try it though

lucky_luc

lucky_luc

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts
That's what i expected. I'll be using FW800, so that should be a boost. Thanks for the confirmation. I guess i'll let people know here if anything doesn't work.

BlackPandemic

BlackPandemic

• PipPipPip
  • 678 posts
I'm currently playing it off of my HD and it works fine. Keep in mind it is a newer external but I'm having no issues.