Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

My Computer Has Died

• Please log in to reply

majortharmas

majortharmas

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
I was having a wonderful time, playing Fallout 3, when all of the sudden in the middle of the game it froze and the screen was checkered with pixelated rainbow colored squares. I restart my computer only to get a blue screen (the squares stayed on this whole time). I can enter the computer in safe mode, (with the squares) but am unable to start it normally. I attempted a system restore but it solved nothing. I think there is something wrong with my Nvidia 7800 gtx video card! Please help me, thanks!

Advertisements

zoneykid

zoneykid

• PipPip
  • 84 posts
Is there text on the blue screen or is it just blank blue?
Because it could be a Blue Screen of Death or BSOD, VERY fixable(most of the time...) On a side note I've had my computer crash while playing a game and then getting a BSOD while starting too...

If there it is a BSOD look for a bunch of letters and numbers that look like this 0x0000000A, write it down and check this thread: http://www.geekstogo...des-t43519.html

If it's not a BSOD, do you have another video card to test in your computer?