Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Why can't I access this link?

• Please log in to reply

JWD49

JWD49

• Pip
  • 3 posts
I was checking my friend's blog and he had this link to a picture on a NASA page:
http://leonid.arc.na...00711180605.jpg
I cannot open it. I have a Mac (Leopard) running Firefox 3.

OK, so far, seems something simple. I switch to Safari--no dice. I disable all possible script stoppers. Nothing.
So I fire up my old PC (Win XP). Cannot open it with either FF3 or IE7--both at default settings.
On both computers, in FF the circle just spins. Using IE7 it eventually says: "IE can't open this page".
Yet everyone I send it to has no problem with it.

What could it possibly be? I have no other problems with links, and I'm all over the web.
The only thing the computers have in common is the router, a 2-wire 1701HG.
AT&T is my ISP (same as my friend with the blog).

Anyone? This is driving me crazy!

--JW

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
This picture is ridiculously big and its entirely possible the loading of the page is timing out on your computer for whatever reason.
It's an interesting picture of an explosion in a dust factory. Of course not! It's a meteor shower near to Saturn, just down the road and over the bridge.
Possibly something on the system is blocking it but I know not what. Strange its only that picture though.

JWD49

JWD49

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Thanks, Neil.
I don't think it's the size.
I can't connect to anything with this root (which is also listed, alone, as follows, on NASA's site):
http://leonid.arc.nasa.gov/
--JW