Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

secondary drive error boot--will boot after using safe mode

• Please log in to reply

michael japan

michael japan

• Pip
  • 5 posts
I'm new--music producer living in Japan and need help and very willing to pay. Just got a new computer a few months back and now when it boots there is an error that says secondary master problem HD or something. If i re-boot in safe mode and then re-boot normally it works--consistently. They are SATA drives. THe computer is under warranty but this is a DAW and I have more programs on it than you want to know and many of them are high-end synth engines that have 80GB libraries. If there was a way to fix this without re-installing windows I will ship you a case of Sapporo Beer. ^_^ There are 2 physical drives in the computer

Thanks for the help.

oops-XP Pro Core DUO Quad 9450/PK5 motherboard/4GB RAM/2x 500 GB HDD SATA

Edited by michael japan, 06 November 2008 - 05:11 AM.

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP

or something.

is rarely helpful... could you recreate the error and write down exactly what it says? SATA drives don't do master/slave (to my knowledge) so i'd like to be sure that it's talking about the hard drives

michael japan

michael japan

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
sorry-kind of lame on my part huh? I'm from Tennessee as well. I didn't want to turn the computer off to duplicate the error because I am finishing up about 13 mixes that have to be done and I had decided to just leave the computer on. However, after receiving your post I figured that somebody who could respond as clever as yourself ^_^ must know what he is talking about so went to the studio at 1:00 a.m. and shut down. When the computer re-booted it was fine. So, thank you my friend. Just knowing you were around must have scared away the problem.

Thanks for having me. Wow-Knoxville. I went to Bearden. Small world.

Michael

Edited by michael japan, 06 November 2008 - 05:14 PM.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
that's how computer troubleshooting works....if you convince a device that you're better than it and instill some fear in it...you can fix anything...

seriously though...IF it happens again write down the error and just post back in this thread

....from bearden to japan....now THAT'S a culture shock haha