Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Code 19 on Ras Async Adapter,Wan Miniport IP, etc.

• Please log in to reply

KYWOMAN

KYWOMAN

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
Please Help! I have no internet. My computer has code 19's on the following devices: Ras Async Adapter, RealtekRtl8139/8139/810 Family Fast Ethernet NIC-Packet Scheduler Miniport, Wan Miniport IP, Wan Miniport IP Packeet Scheduler Miniport, Wan Miniport (L2TP), Wan Miniport (PPPOE), and Wan Miniport (PPTP).

I tried to follow Microsoft's instructions to uninstall, reboot, etc. but the computer won't let me uninstall the devices because it is part of the boot process.

I also have an error code 1 on my SoftV92 Data Fax Modem with Smart CP, which I tried to reinstall but it gives me the message that it could not install.

My operating system is XP.

Please help! :)

Advertisements

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
go to your computer manufactures website and get your drivers for your make and model...start with the chipset drivers first...
and/or ...you can also go here and do a scan for any drivers you may need...
you will have to register

Edited by happyrock, 06 November 2008 - 09:20 AM.

KYWOMAN

KYWOMAN

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
I ran your program for device drivers but since I have no internet capabilities, it really couldn't download anything. I am using another computer to troubleshoot my problems on the internet. I tried to reinstall the SoftV92 Data fax modem with smart cp but it failed with an update from the manufacturer's website as well as trying to use the original drivers from my original disk. When I scan for new hardware devices, this modem comes up but says that a problem occurred during hardware installation, my new hardware might not work properly. FYI, I had a virus recently, and I think maybe some of the registries are corrupted.

Also, I downloaded the realtekrtl8139/810x family fast ethernet but the packet scheduler, wan miniport IP, etc still do not work. The 1394 net adapter works, and the realtekrtl8139/810x family fast ethernet shows that it works properly.

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
download all your drivers onto the working computer...burn them to a cd ....plug in the cd and update your drivers using the device manager...