Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Where did my document go!?

• Please log in to reply

Becky84

Becky84

• PipPip
  • 33 posts
I was working on a word document... just opened a new one and started writing. In the midst of my typing the entire thing closed and was gone. I had another document opened (it was saved) but the other one just left the screen. I was not prompted to save or anything... how can i recover this document? any tricks.

i really need it back!

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
If the document had a name then try Tune Up Trial, run file recovery, undelete, show only files in good condition, choose a restore to location

Tune Up Trial

Edited by Keith, 04 May 2005 - 03:20 AM.

Indian Joe

Indian Joe

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Your document may be on your system as a temporary file in which case it will not bear its original name. Its size (or some other property, such as time of creation, will notify you to it). You may well have to associate it. You do this by clicking on File>Associate>Browse and then selecting the program that made it. You are now in the position to open it and verify whether it is your document.

Becky84

Becky84

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
ok.... so where should i be clicking file inorder to associate the file?

thanks