Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Resetting Windows Vista? Problems Shutting Down Etc.

• Please log in to reply

SmashBrosXpert

SmashBrosXpert

• Pip
  • 1 posts
First of all, thank you for looking at this at all. Secondly, thank you in advance for those who are able to help me out.
I am using Windows Vista on a HP Pavilion Laptop. Recently, my computer has lost its ability to shut down, and every so often, it will go into sleep mode and not ever come back. I have tried to use system restore, but every time I try and start it, it fails to system restore. My Microsoft Word trial has also run out, so I was going to reset my computer to the delivery condition, but I can't figure out how to do this. Please help me computer geniuses!

Advertisements

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts
With HP:
1. Your computer came with Recovery DVD, or
2. You can create Recovery DVD:
Click Start, then All Programs. If you have an HP Pavilion click Hewlett-Packard and then HP PC Recovery CD Creator. If not, try clicking PC Help & Tools, then HP CD Recovery CD-DVD Creator to start the program, or
3. You can get Recovery DVD from HP, in most cases for shipping costs.