Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Trojan detected by Kaspersky in Windows Vista

• Please log in to reply

HLG

HLG

• Pip
  • 7 posts
Hi there,

I tried posting in the malware forum and the screen said that I didn't have permission to. I'm new and very sorry if this is the wrong area to post my problem.

I've had a new Windows Vista for approximately 4 months. I bought Kaspersky Anti-Virus the same day that I purchased the computer. All was fine.

About the 3rd month, I had a trojan called: Downloader.JS.Agent.cme detected by Kaspersky.

I've waited about 1 month and have scanned my computer numerous times since then, hoping that the file will be deleted by Kaspersky. Wrong. The file remains in my Kaspersky Reports but I believe that it is still somewhere in my pc. If I am wrong, please put my mind at rest.. Kaspersky gives me no more information than the name of the trojan and the "Object" which is actually a URL site.

Since then I've searched the trojan Downloader.JS.Agent.cme on the internet to find more information. All I find are PR spin and nonsense about how great Kaspersky is in detecting the trojan and nothing about the actual removal of it. Kaspersky reports that this trojan is in its top 10 or 20 trojans it was able to detect in its customers pcs. It's bizarre that there's nothing else on it. Don't get me wrong, I do like Kaspersky; I am just exasperated at its user-unfriendliness.

Where do I go from here? I'm tired of seeing this 1 infected file in my Reports. My computer hasn't deteriorated but it bothers me that this is still in my pc. Could someone please point me in the right direction?

Thank you.

Edited by HLG, 06 November 2008 - 06:30 PM.

Advertisements

The Admiral

The Admiral

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 1,067 posts
Did you try posting in the forum after you had registered for the site? I have contacted one of our moderators about this issue. We won't be able to help you in this section of the forum, so hang tight while we get this sorted out. In the meantime, can you use this link to start a new topic in our malware forum?

Thanks, and welcome to Geeks to Go!

Edited by The Admiral, 06 November 2008 - 06:28 PM.

HLG

HLG

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Admiral, thank you but I am still unable to post a topic in the Malware forum.

I always receive this message:

"Sorry, an error occurred. If you are unsure on how to use a feature, or don't know why you got this error message, try looking through the help files for more information.
The error returned was:

Sorry, you do not have permission to start a topic in this forum"

Any help would be much appreciated..

HLG

HLG

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Admiral, I have used your link to re-post my topic. Please delete this thread now since it might be of no use. I have reposted my problem in the Security Subforums. Thanks.

The Admiral

The Admiral

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 1,067 posts
Good to see you got a topic started there. Please wait for instructions in that topic. If they need you to come back to this forum for Vista help, just post a reply in this thread.

Good luck!

Here's a link to your new post if you need to use it to access your new post when it is addressed by our malware staff.

Edited by The Admiral, 06 November 2008 - 06:40 PM.