Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Newly installed DVD has signal lag

• Please log in to reply

highland403

highland403

• PipPipPip
  • 228 posts
I installed an LG 22X Internal Super Multi DVD Rewriter into a Dell Dimension 2400 computer. When I try to play a DVD (not HD or Blueray) the video is jerky and the audio is garbled. CDs in this player also have garbled sound. An LG tech described this problem as signal lag.

The following is a list of things the LG techs said I needed to do to get this to work. I did what they suggested but nothing has worked:
1. upgrade the player cable to an ultra dual density cable
2. free up hard drive space (went from 5Gb to 12.3Gb)
3. I installed a 250Gb hard drive. (not LG's recommendation but the specs on the player recommends 20GB of free space.)
4. upgraded the codecs. They had me go to www.free-codecs.com and download XP Codec pack 2.4.3
5. Since none of this worked, they suggested I put the player in another computer to see if it would work there. I did this and the player worked. (The computer I tested it in is another Dell Dimension 2400 that is identical to the one I want to install the player in except it already has a DVD player in it.)

As a side note, the CD player that came with my computer works fine.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Advertisements

highland403

highland403

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 228 posts
Turns out, the fix was simple.
The DVD player needed to be connected as the master, not the slave. :)

To those of you who checked out my post, thanks for looking.

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts
Talking about smart tech support, huh? :)
Thanks for posting...