Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

how to prevent bypassing of Parental Controls

• Please log in to reply

njlock

njlock

• PipPipPip
  • 267 posts
OK trying to help hook up effective parental control for a 13 year old.

OK my neices father, would prefer her to use AOL because of the ease of the parental control software.
Whats to prevent her from just opening a non-aol browser, i.e. IE? I tried to get into AOL and figure it out, but I'm just spinning my wheels.

I tried setting up the content advisor, which seems to work OK for IE, but then EVERYTHING is blocked on AOL, because it does'nt use a rating system??

So in other words, they (aol & IE) seem to be defeating each other.

It would seem logical that AOL would have some means of blocking any other non-aol browser, or whats the use of it? But I can't figure it out.

I assume theres a simple solution but I never had to deal with this before.

Do I need some parental control software?

I like the idea of AOL, because I won't be there often, its a 4 hour drive, and her father (my deceased sisters husband) is'nt that sharp. And AOL is simple.

Thanks

Advertisements

phillip22

phillip22

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 147 posts
http://www1.k9webprotection.com/

njlock

njlock

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip