Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Dell laptop Screen Falling over

• Please log in to reply

sunshine902

sunshine902

• Pip
  • 2 posts
:)

I have a dell laptop that when you move slightly, the screen falls over backwards. Please help...

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Administrator
  • 26,019 posts
  • MVP
sounds like your hinges have gone bad...not very many good ways to fix that besides replacing the screen (you might be able to just get the hinges but i don't know for sure)...

a dirty way to fix it would be to stick a couple of layers of atheletic tape (the slightly rough thick stuff you use to wrap an ankle) between the gaps in the monitor and the base of the laptop...this might add enough friction to keep the screen from falling over

sunshine902

sunshine902

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Thanks for the quick reply. I will try the tape, its better than severing connections lol. Thanks again. :)

The Admiral

The Admiral

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 1,067 posts
If your laptop is still under warranty, just chat or call (800-624-9896) Dell Technical Support for a hinge replacement. As long as the damage wasn't accidental (drop or spill) we'll replace the hinges.