Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Proofing software

• Please log in to reply

John Rhys

John Rhys

• Pip
  • 7 posts
I have a disc for a proofing software package for Welsh. (Cysgliad) I have it installed on my desk top XP. When I installed it on my laptop,Vista, it appears under the "Add Ins" tab on Microsoft 2007, I understand it should appear under the review tab with the other proofing tools. Is there a way that I can move it over. What are add ins? XP seems a lot easier to use or is it me just getting too old.?

Advertisements

phillip22

phillip22

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 147 posts
If you have version 3 of Cysgliad (or earlier), the developer does not claim that it's Vista compatible:
http://www.pugh.co.u.../cysgliad-3.htm

Although that doesn't necessarily mean it won't work on Vista, it is likely to work differently to what you've become used to since Vista and XP are as different as chalk and cheese "under the hood".

If it installs as an "Add-in" that's where it must remain.

On a side-note, I hope your software licences permit you to install Office applications (and Cysgliad) on two computers at the same time?
Otherwise your using them illegally.

Edited by phillip22, 09 November 2008 - 05:15 AM.